Oh man, do I love veggies.
Especially wrapped in anything crispy.
Heres an easy way to step up your asparagus game while creating perfect portions.
Prosciutto wrapped asparagus
– One bunch of organic asparagus (about 25 spears)
– 7 slices of prosciutto (usually one package)
– 2 Tbs Tessemae’s organic balsamic vinaigrette
– salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Clean and trim asparagus spears. I just bend them at the bottom slightly until they naturally break apart. It’s about 1-2 inches from the bottom.
- In a bowl season asparagus with salt and pepper and mix with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Once totally coated wrap 4-5 spears with one slice of prosciutto
- Bake on a sheet pan uncovered for 8-12 minutes until asparagus is bright green and prosciutto is crispy
- Serve immediately
Notes: I generally use sauces that don’t have any refined sugars because I’m generally paleo, that’s why I use Tessemae’s brand. Feel free to use regular balsamic vinegar and olive oil instead if thats what you have on hand. I also like using prosciuto instead of bacon because it stays wrapped better and most bacons contain chemicals, sugars, and fats I dont care to eat. Saying that, you could totally use bacon instead but I think this is a fancier and healthier recipe.